Founder of PRIVATECH. Fazila often speaks on privacy issues, new developments and current hot topics in data protection and information governance, as well as CASL enforcement and compliance programs. Fazila’s presentations and speeches receive excellent reviews from her audiences. Contact PRIVATECH to book Fazila for an upcoming event!
The public is more concerned about the protection of their personal information than ever before. PrivaTech helps organizations implement five key steps to reduce the risk of a breach and the resulting negative reputational costs:
- Taking accountability for data protection;
- Implementing information handling practices;
- Creating, updating and enforcing policies;
- Training staff who handle personal information; and
- Monitoring to ensure policies are followed and enforced.
- Design and Delivery of Information Management, Privacy and Access Programs, Certificate in IMPA sponsored by OASBO (Jul 10-14, Guelph, ON) - Course Instructor.
- IAPP Canada Symposium (May 15-18, 2017, Toronto, ON) - Breach Notification and Reporting - Snapshot of Legal Requirements Across Canada.
- IMPAC - Information Management, Privacy & Access Committee of Ontario School Boards (Sep 30, 2016, Toronto, ON) - Conducting an Effective Privacy Impact Assessment.
- MISA London Region Professional Network Conference (May 12, 2016, London, ON) - Technology in Schools: Engaging with Privacy and Security in Mind.
- Ontario Bar Association's Institute - Labour & Employment Law/Privacy & Access to Information Law (February 2, 2016, Toronto, ON) - How to Establish Employee Privacy Policies that Bind.
- 2015 Ontario Connections Conference – Access, Privacy, Security and Records Management (May 21-22, 2015, Toronto, ON) – An Effective Privacy and Access Training Program to Build Accountability
- ISACA Education Event (April 2, 2015, Mississauga, ON) – After the Breach…What Now?
- 2015 Conference on IT Audit, Governance and Security (March 25-26, 2015, Toronto, ON) held by IIA Toronto Chapter, ISACA Toronto Chapter and AICPA – Privacy: Shooting for a Moving Target?
- Federated Press 11th Managing Privacy Compliance Course (March 26-27, 2015, Toronto, ON) – Designing and Implementing a Privacy Compliance Program
- Council of Chief Privacy Officers of Western Canada: Meeting on Sustaining an Effective Privacy Oriented Culture (February 26, 2015, Edmonton, AB) – Building Accountability with an Effective Privacy Training Program
- Federated Press Mini-LLB for CIOs (February 26-27, 2015, Toronto, ON) – Key Elements of IT Outsourcing & Service Agreements
- 47th Annual Canadian Employee Benefits Conference (August 10-12, 2014, Calgary AB) – Avoiding Privacy Breaches; Hot Topics in Privacy; Recent Investigations affecting the benefits industry
- IT.CAN/LSUC IT Law Spring Forum (June 16-18, 2014) – Privacy and Security Audits
- 2014 Ontario Connections Conference: Access, Privacy, Security and Records Management (May 22-23, 2014) – Effective Privacy Training to Build Accountability
- IAPP Canada Privacy Symposium (May 7-9, 2014) – Effective Privacy Training to Build Accountability
- Federated Press 9th Managing Privacy Compliance Course - The Fundamentals for Privacy Training to Build Accountability (March 3 & 4, 2014)
- 2013 Fall IM Days Conference – Building an Information Governance Framwork (November 20, 2013)
- Federated Press Conference – Information Governance for Law Departments (November 13, 2013)
- The Conference Board of Canada’s Meeting for the Council of Chief Privacy Officers – Managing Big Data with a Sound Information Governance Framework (October 17, 2013)
- GrEAT conference – Grand Erie District School Board conference for Principals, Vice-Principals and Superintendents (April 22, 2013)
- Federated Press Managing Privacy Compliance Conference – Privacy Practices to Prevent ID Theft (March 7, 2013).
- International Association of Certified Employee Benefit Specialists: Privacy Law – Recent Developments (February 28, 2013)
- Canadian Institute Privacy & Compliance Conference - Canada’s New Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL): Are You as Prepared as Your Peers? (September 20, 21)
- IAPP Canadian Privacy Summit – Privacy 102: Best Practices and Experiences in Developing Role Specific Privacy Education (May 8, 2012)
- Kitchener/Waterloo Business and Professional Women’s Club: Minimizing Social Media Risks (March 26, 2012)
- Canadian Life and Health Insurance Association Privacy Day 2012 – Mobile Security (March 1, 2012)
- Socialize Toronto conference: Facebook Marketing – Legal and Regulatory Compliance (January 27, 2012)