PIPEDA Breach of Security Safeguards Regulations Clarified
Factor New Commissioner Guidelines into your Breach Response Plans!
On November 1, 2018, the PIPEDA Breach of Security Safeguards Regulations will come into force. In the context of a data breach, the regulations will require organizations governed by PIPEDA to:
- Perfom a risk assessment to determine the harm resulting from a data breach;
- Notify individuals affected by the breach;
- Report the breach to the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada (OPCC);
- Inform other organizations or government institutions of the breach if they can reduce the risk of harm; and
- Maintain detailed records of the breach and its resolution.
Businesses operating in Canada must adequately prepare for the new data breach response rules!
Draft guidelines on the new regulations were published by the OPCC on September 18, 2018 and will be finalized in October after an extremely short consultation period.
PRIVATECH is hosting webinars that will provide in-depth guidance on the OPCC's perspectives on enforcing the new regulations. We will delve into the 'real risk of significant harm' test, the PIPEDA breach report form provided by the OPCC, an effective breach escalation process, as well as other critical nuances to help ensure you are ready for the new regulations.
CLICK HERE to register! Bring your questions and please REGISTER EARLY as we expect the sessions to fill.
CLICK HERE for the webinar brochure that includes a description of the content and resources to be provided to participants.
DATES (choose one):
Thursday, October 18th, 2018
Wednesday, October 24, 2018 FULL
Tuesday, October 30, 2018
1:00 - 2:00 p.m. EST
$245 + HST
Registration is limited to 20 people per session. Cancellation is accepted up to one week before the event.